Alumni, Friends, & Others
- The Pratt Institute Libraries' collections are intended primarily for use by the faculty, students and staff of the Institute.
- However, there are limited access and borrowing privileges for persons not currently affiliated with the Institute, provided they have the appropriate identification or special approval from the Director of the Libraries or the Head of Public Services, or special approval from the Coordinator of Information Services at the Manhattan Campus.
Borrowing and Renewing Policies
|Click on User Type for More Information||Library Access||Borrowing Rights||ID Required||Term of Privileges||Cost of Privileges|
Pratt Alumni (with Friends of the Libraries Membership)
||Yes||2-book limit||Alumni Card||1 year||$50.00 fee and a Pratt Alumni Card|
|Academic Libraries of Brooklyn (ALB) Members||Yes||2-book limit||School ID & ALB Card||ID & Card Term||No Cost|
|New York Metropolitan Reference and Research Library Agency (METRO) Members||Yes||None||METRO Card||No Cost|
|Outside Researchers||Advance Arrangement||None||Personal ID||Up to 2 weeks||No Cost|
Regular Friends of the Library
||Yes||2-book limit||Friends' Card||1 year||$100.00|
|Sustaining Friends of the Library||Yes||4-book limit||Sustaining Friends' Card||1 year||$250.00|
|Patron Friends of the Library||Yes||4-book limit||Patron Friends' Card||1 year||$500.00|
|Benefactor Friends of the Library||Yes||4-book limit||Benefactor Friends' Card||1 year||$1000.00|
Alumni, Friends of the Libraries, ALB members, METRO card holders, and Continuing & Professional Studies and outside researchers CANNOT use Pratt Institute ILL services.
Pratt Alumni are entitled to reading privileges at Pratt Libraries with Alumni membership card and photo ID.
Have a Pratt Alumni Card
To obtain your Pratt Alumni Card, please contact:
Pratt Institute Office of Alumni Relations
Myrtle Hall, 3W
200 Willoughby Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11205
Pratt Alumni who join Friends of the Libraries may also borrow two items (non media) at a time. Pratt Alumni wanting borrowing priviles must:
- Fill out a Friends of the Pratt Institute Libraries form (PDF), checking the ALUMNI box.
Bring or mail the form along with a $50 check payble to Pratt Institute Libraries to:
Dina Buttner, Assistant to the Director
Pratt Institute Libraries
200 Willoughby Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11205
- Members of the Academic Libraries of Brooklyn may use the Libraries upon presentation of their current school ID and ALB card obtained from their home institution.
- ALB patrons must register for borrowing privileges at the Brooklyn or Manhattan Campus Circulation Desk.
- For more information on the Academic Libraries of Brooklyn, see the ALB section of our Using Other Libraries page.
- Faculty and students from other academic institutions within the New York Metropolitan area must present a yellow title referral card (METRO Card), which specifies the titles needed.
- METRO Cards are issued by the patron's home library.
- For more information about obtaining a METRO Card, visit the METRO website, or speak to a librarian at your library.
- Persons not affiliated with Pratt Institute who are engaged in research may be granted short term privileges without a fee for up to two consecutive weeks.
- This must be arranged in advance with the Director of the Libraries or the Head of Public Services or special approval from the Coordinator of Information Services at the Manhattan Campus.
- This arrangement provides for on-site use of Library materials only.
To become a Friend of the Libraries, fill out and submit the following form:
Regular Friends of the Libraries
Non-Alumni who become Friends of the Libraries have Library access privileges and may borrow up to 2 books at a time. No ILL.
Patron Friends of the Libraries
Patron Friends of the Libraries have Library access privileges and may borrow up to 4 books at a time. No ILL.
Sustaining Friends of the Libraries
Sustaining Friends of the Libraries have Library access privileges, and may borrow up to 4 books at a time. No ILL.
Benefactor Friends of the Libraries
Benefactor Friends of the Libraries have Library access privileges, and may borrow up to 4 books at a time. No ILL.